The Bristol Bordeaux Partnership exists to develop greater understanding, links and friendship between the people of Bristol and Bordeaux, and to
- promote cultural, economic, civic and educational links between both cities
- encourage exchange visits by groups representing all walks of life and age groups from in and around the two cities
- advance the education of students at educational establishments in and around Bristol
- promote trade, employment, innovation and growth that can enhance the sustainable development of both cities
- support the official twinning agreement between the two cities first established in 1947.
The Partnership provides leadership, coordination and direction to help achieve the above aims. We act as an educational resource, information exchange and forum for individuals, organisations and businesses in Bristol with an interest in developing links with Bordeaux. We seek to raise the profile of Bristol in Bordeaux, and Bordeaux in Bristol, and work closely with other similar organisations especially through the Bristol International Twinnings Association (BITA).